Originally Posted By: mlord
I've ordered a 1.8" IDE-to-ZIF converter (with cable), just for inventory here, along with a similar 1.8" 1DE-to-CF converter. Those could be useful someday.

These arrived here today from Hong Kong.

The CF-to-CEATA adapter seems to work -- I've got a Sandisk Extreme-III 4GB CF card in the notebook right now, installing Kubuntu-kde4 onto it.

There seem to be 6 unused pins on the CEATA connectors -- the original Toshiba HD had those "left over" when connected, and the CF-to-CEATA adapter also has those "spare" pins. Gotta look them up someday to see what they were put there for.

Also, the pin-1 labelling inside the notebook, and the pin-1 labelling on the CF-to-CEATA adapter disagree. I had to flip the adapter over to the other side to get it to work. I've added a label to it to help me remember next time around.

Still hunting for a 160GB CEATA drive (or even a 120GB), but so far the "unopenable" 6th generation iPod Classic seems to be the only source.

Pity one has to literally crack the case to open those up; apparently earlier generation iPods could be opened without damage, but not the newest ones.

Cheers